01 02 03 RMR's writing space: The place backstage 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The place backstage

34
I made my appearance
In a backstage place

We have to move quickly
For there’s a show going on

I never knew I was wanted
Till I said yes to helping out

I’m so scared of simply crashing
I’m so scared of messing things up

As I help out a bit
With no experience at all

I can handle the lifting
Even though I’m not very tall

I can handle the lifting
Even though I'm very small

And I can handle the lifting
even though I know for certain you’re all older than I

I'm willing to help in any way I can
To know for certain that the show will go on

And no they won’t see me
For I’m dressed in black

I can handle the lifting
But I’m scared that I’ll crash

I can handle the lifting
But I’m afraid that maybe just maybe I’m only saying I can

And that maybe it will be difficult
And I’ll fall right down

Maybe it will be difficult
And as I fall so will everything else

But I’m willing to help
In any way I can

I’m willing to help
Because I want to be here

I’m willing to help
Because I want to be a part of it all

I hope for something of mine
to be on this stage

And that someone will see me
And say thanks for helping me keep together a piece of mine

They’ll say now it’s your turn
I’ll help you out in any way you want

Till then so happy
To be a part of it all
35 36 37 38