01 02 03 RMR's writing space: that awful lack of ideas feeling 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

that awful lack of ideas feeling

34
Over the last little while I learned something important about my writing: I feel empty without it, that chance to tell stories, I already miss it and it hasn't even been all that long. It's this sort of thing...that drew me in and will never, ever let go and truthfully, I don't mind that at all. It can happen to anybody, no matter who they are and what their strengths and weaknesses are and it is wonderful feeling. I've been busy with...well, life over the last little while and there was this part of me that wanted the chance to sit around and tell stories, in some capacity at least once. Honestly, I don't normally write entries that are like this but there was a part of me that felt it was necessary. I've been wanting to make time to write again but other things have got in the way.
At the moment I'm fresh out of ideas,occupied by other unrelated things. It used to be enough to be driven by nothing but passion but whenever I am blocked (yes, I believe in writer's block and no, it is not just an excuse) that is not enough. It is truly a sign of finding that place you are meant to be when you go without some part of your life for a while and you want it back dear readers, if that ever happens to you pursue that opportunity and never look back and don't let anything get in your way. That point can be backed up by one Billy Childish quote that I love and feel we should all think about: "remember every grain of rice has its own soul and a destiny" . When I'm stuck I love reading brilliant things through or just remember that, every last anxiety is not something that happens to myself alone and it is comforting to hear it from others, such as a good flip through of Hemingway's On Writing, which has great insights on the subject:
There's no rule on how it is to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly. Sometimes it is like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.
- Ernest Hemingway, On Writing, page 18

What often works is routine freewriting in places such as the creative writing journal. It is the meditative process of taking the pen, metaphorically aligning it with your mind and than not letting your pen leave the paper until a certain period of time or as this writer of some book on writing put it (sorry I can't remember who) "taking your ass, placing it in the chair, and just plain writing things", or...something like that, I'm pretty sure that the words were almost identical. Every moment I write another word of this entry I realize something that made me kind of feel that it was necessary to change my original conclusion: everytime I have these moments I am validating my own destiny. I am looking forward to once again finding time for those routine freewriting sessions. 
35 36 37 38